What To Do Before A Typhoon
- Inspect your house if necessary repair/fixing is needed. (eg. Roof, doors, windows, ceilings)
- Before typhoon strikes, you must clean up your house’s drainage system so it won’t get clogged up.
- Store an adequate supply of food and water that would last for a few days. Canned goods are ideal especially if cooking is not possible.
- Put everything in your house in an elevated position especially items that generate electricity so that water won’t penetrate into them in case floodwater rushes inside your house.
- Harvest crops that can be yielded immediately.
- For fishing folk, place boats in a safe area.
- If you are living in a lowland, hazard prone and/or risked areas, the ideal resort is to evacuate as early as possible.
- Always keep flashlights, candles, and batteries and first-aid supplies available.
- It is important as well to have an available transistor radio (battery – powered incase power supply will be unavailable) so you can be updated about the typhoon and its current location.
- Frequently listen to your local radio, television or visit Weather Philippines for storm advisories on the progress of the typhoon.
Tyhoon Weather Updates
Thank you for reading and commenting...