What To DoA Typhoon
- Monitor to your radio, television or visit Weather Philippines for storm advisories on the progress of the typhoon.
- Check your house for damage and make necessary repairs at once. Avoid scattered debris especially tin and lumber as there may be rusty nails protruding.
- Wear proper safety gear and equipment when working in hazardous areas.
- If your house was damaged, make sure that it is already safe and stable when you enter.
- Have a knowledgeable person inspect electrical connections before using electrical appliances.
- Watch out for live wires or outlet immersed in water.
- Report damaged electrical cables and fallen electric posts to the authorities.
- Beware of dangerous animals such as snakes that may have entered your house.
- Boil water before drinking it to avoid diseases.
- Avoid contaminated food resulting from the lack of electricity and refrigeration.
- Do not let water accumulate in tires, cans or pots to avoid creating a favorable condition for mosquito breeding that can cause dengue.
Source: Typhoon Weather Updates
Thank you for reading and commenting...