Standards-based Assessment: (What it is?)
- Indicates what students know and are able to do;
- Measures a student’s progress toward the attainment of a standard;
- Indicates if the student has mastered the standard;
- Is on going;
- Clearly communicates expectations ahead of time;
- Is authentic to the learning experiences of the students, based on complex tasks, as opposed to rote memory;
- Occurs when appropriate, not just on scheduled days. Often uses tasks that reveal common misunderstandings so teachers can see whether students have truly learned the material;
- Grades are based on the results of multiple experiences over time.
Thank you for reading and commenting...