- To check for misconceptions;
- To identify extent of previous learning;
- To inform teachers on selecting appropriate strategies, activities and materials.
Formative Assessments: (How well are you doing and how well can you be doing better?)
Assessment for and assessment as learning:
- Checking for understanding, are they attaining the objectives;
- For immediate feed backing;
- Results are recorded, not graded;
- For modifying strategies and learning activities;
- Insightful (for both teachers and students);
- Basis of intervention.
Summative Assessments: (How well did you do?)
Assessment of learning/assessment as learning :
- For making objective judgment on the level of proficiency the learner has attained;
- Recorded, graded;
- Can be used to further improve strategies;
- Unit tests, periodical tests, transfer tasks/ culminating activities.
Thank you for reading and commenting...