Instructional Activity with UbD as its framework
Activity 1: Let’s Dance… A Dance Presentation
This activity shall engage the students to master the basic steps through a creation of a simple routine using the learned steps and movements. Their performance shall be assessed using the criteria on correct, execution, form, and coordination.
- groups into 12 to 18 students per group.
- choose leader and committee to prepare all the necessary materials, props, costume, and music needed for the mini-folk dance production.
- review and practice the whole dance of their groups.
- use the elements of movement, space, and choreography to make presentations creative, artistic and unique.
- use improvised costume, props, and accessories.
- the following criteria/rubrics
Rubrics on Dance Presentetion:
- Costume and Props
- Audience Impact
(mastery of the steps, showmanship, dynamism, projection, grace and poise, timing and coordination)
(blocking, transition from figure to another, formation, floor pattern, alignment)
Costume and Props
(authenticity and usefulness)
(reaction and responses of the audience)
Thank you for reading and commenting...